1) Self-Immolation in Sri Lanka
In protest of the slaughter of cattle in Sri Lanka, Buddhist monk Bowatte Indaratane sets himself on fire.
2)Surfing On A Captured Whale Shark
A whale shark is towed into shore off the coast of Surabaya in eastern Java island after being caught in a fishing net. The young boy has learned to balance on the dead whale shark, which is not endangered but listed as "vulnerable."
3) Embracing Couple In The Rubbles of A Collapsed Factory
4)A Flock Of Flamingos Make One Big Flamingo
5) The Muddy Jockey
Pacu Jawi is traditional bull racing which is held annually in Batusangkar, Indonesia. Jockeys just hold on to the tails of their bulls and skate on the mud atop a wooden plank. The bulls are then auctioned off after the race.
6) A Vegetarian's Sacrifice For His Town
Phuket, Thailand hosts a Vegetarian Festival where practitioners pierce themselves to ward evil spirits out of the community and into themselves. This sort of vegetarianism traces back to the early 1800s in Thailand.
7) Stunts In The "Well of Death"
A stunt driver and motorcyclist perform in a wooden cylinder referred to as the "Well of Death," due the consequences of failure in this event.
8) A Woman Sits By The Wreckage Caused By A Massive Earthquake In Northern Japan
9) Nik Wallender's Tightrope Walk Over Niagara Falls
(Some people gather liver!)
10) Traffic stops as over 5,000 ducks cross a road in Zhejiang, China.
11) Crying After Destruction
12) Sucker-Punched In Russia