Well, here goes!
We all have our tales of horrible kisses and most memorable kisses. My most horrible kiss was quite indescribable. The guy had a tongue that felt like sandpaper which he kept poking in and out of my mouth. And there was this metallic taste in his mouth. Put me off him for life! Another one I remember was this guy who kissed like he was using his tongue to look for a coin down my throat. Eeeewwwwwwww.
My best kiss? Oh wow! There have been many. You know that kind of kiss where your lips touch and everything fades away, nothing else exists at that point in time besides the both of you. That kind of kiss that begins with just two lips touching and then suddenly you find your hand behind his neck, drawing him close, while his arms circle your waist, like if your lips parted at that moment the ground would cave in, like you both desperately need to feel the essence of each other, the kind that leaves you breathless while your heart beats faster. Yes, that kind of kiss!
Here are some good kissing tips.
I. First things first. ALWAYS have fresh breathe! (This cannot be overstated)
2. Always start with a close mouth. Because if you lean into someone with your mouth open you may look like you're about to bite their nose off! Gently part your lips as your lips touch.
3. Your eyes should be open; make eye contact in the few seconds leading to the moment but your eyes should be close while kissing, otherwise it may be a bit weird and distracting.
4. Kissing is a team effort. Don't try to take control. Feel each other out and go from there.
5. The tongue could be the most important part of a kiss. The tongue maketh and the tongue taketh away. You need to be very careful when using your tongue, a little is just enough, if you're both inclined to use more tongue, start with the tip and slowly take it from there. Do not shove your whole tongue into your partner's mouth, very distasteful. It is also ok to gently nibble on your partner's upper or lower lip (not both, at the same time)
6. Make sure like your tongue, you control your saliva. There's nothing appealing about slobbering kisses, like a dog.
7. It is almost impossible to kiss well without using your hands. But you must know what to do with your hands or you risk making the kiss worse, rather than better. Never ASSUME that because someone accepts a kiss from you, they are giving the green light to touching them in more SEXUAL ways. It is almost always safe to touch someone's face when kissing, or to hold them behind their head. Use your hands to hold and caress, but not to steer them, or force them to another position. To kiss well, you must always ensure that every movement between the two of you is mutual.
With every kiss there is a dance. Lip against lip. Tongue against tongue. There are uncountable variations. What makes the dance good? What makes it bad? The quality of every kiss is left to only the two participants to decide. Some might prefer passionate mashing. Others gentle nibbling. Some might abhor a tongue in their mouth. Others might think you find something wrong with them if you don't venture in. Kissing is both very personal and very preferential. Therefore, the key to kissing well, is to find a common ground, where you can both co-exist for those moments when your mouths are pressed against one another's, which will be enjoyable to both of you. To get there, it is almost always best to start slowly and feel out each other to get a sense of what the other person likes/wants/is comfortable with.
I hope you've learnt a thing or two. If you have some other tips please share with me, i'm still learning. Feel free to share your experiences with me too.
Go forth and kiss!