Yesterday one of our blog readers suggested I incorporate some gossip into the blog, and while it may not be a bad idea I sincerely doubt that I can pull it off, reason being that I just don't give enough f#*ks about what's going on in other's (personal) lives, especially people I don't know and those that don't know me, eg celebrities. I'm sure I do to an extent, but just not as much as the average person.
I sat in bed this morning perusing different blog sites for gist that went down during the week, I was consumed once again by how little I care. So, I'm going to share with you guys the things that happened last week that leave me zoning out in indifference.
1) Jude Engees' Wedding to Ify Umeokeke: ok... I've been rather indifferent about the pair from the minute I heard they got engaged. What I'm interested in however is the rumour about Linda Ikeji and Jude Engees. When word came out, comments like "poor Linda, after sleeping with you he left you to marry someone else". Aha! That one piqued my interest. I hear she's debunked the rumours though.
2) Peter's absence at his brother's wedding. Ok. This I'm completely not interested in this. As in, it's so bad that I just realized that I've not once clicked on any of the posts about this issue in any of the gossip blogs I follow. The only question I have is; why put your family ish out there in the open like that? Yeah you didn't attend your brother's wedding for whatever reasons, but to put it out there on social media just like that and then get angry when people cuss you out is plain stupid.
Family should be sacred. If there's hate/beef/bitterness/misunderstandings keep it within the family. And not like it's any of my business, but like I told someone yesterday when she raised this issue; the world is already filled with enemies and people who hate you, why make more enemies within your family that's meant to be the rock you lean against when the world is trying to pull you down? There's nothing as beautiful as peace in the family. There will always be quarels and disagreements in family, but do your best to reconcile and make peace. Failing that, the least you can do about it is keep it quiet.
Why turn your family into a circus and gossip fodder? That's seriously messed up.
3) Vera Sidika;... No comment. Except, I hope he-who-owns-20-cars ain't somebody's husband though. I hope not, seeing as she showed a car with its plate number. And neither do I care about her $1,000,000,000 bleaching either.
4) Tony Anenih's plans to take Linda Edozien as second wife (and all other SDK's 'coded gist'): This I just don't have the taste for. These are people's personal dirty laundry and some of these 'gist' could tear the subject's soul, or do some damage to their lives and careers that people don't give any thought to. Worse still, are the comments that are inevitably left in the comment section. I find it sickening most times. But hey, maybe I'm weird; SDK's 'Coded Gist' are most people's favorite guilty pleasures ever!
5) Tb Joshua's prediction(s). Ok...
6) Freda Edewor's 30th birthday: Numerous comments say both the names and age are fake, but besides that, why exactly is she in the news? *confused*.
7) Sean Tizzle's 17Million naira endorsement: ok, this is pure beef on my part. What I would do with that money right now...! Congrats to Sean Tizzle.
9) Tania Omotayo and Wizkid and the birthday Shout Out: I dunno. Maybe 'cause in my head I see this Tania chic with a grown man, like Banky W or Ebuka Obi Uchendu or maybe a young successful corporate banker or something.
9.Dencia's arse in denim: still haven't figured out why that was news. So what if she got implants or is wearing butt-pads? That won't be the first thing that isn't natural about Dencia...
So there you have it, the 12 things I give the least hoots about from the entertainment world last week.