I hear it's an old one but I just saw it for the first time so it's new to me. And while it's actually very it's hilarious, I find it oh so sad.
There was a group of women gathered at a seminar on how to live in a loving relationship with your husband. The women were asked:
'How many of you love your husbands?'
All the women raised their hands. Then they were asked:
'When was the last time you told your husband you loved him?'
Some women answered today, some yesterday, some didn't remember.. The women were then told to take their cell phones and send the following text to their respective husbands: "I love you, sweetheart."
Then the women were told to exchange phones and read the responding text messages. Here are some of the replies:
1. Eh, mother of my children, are you sick?
2. What now? Did you crash the car again?
3. I don't understand what you mean?
4. What did you do now? I won't forgive you this time!!!
6. Don't beat about the bush, just tell me how much you need?
7. Am I dreaming??
8. If you don't tell me who this message is actually for, you will die today...!!!
9. I asked you not to drink anymore!!
And the best one:
10. WHO IS THIS?
Source: Laila's blog
I'd like to believe that I'm not naive and I've seen enough to come to understand that marriage is no day dream, but is it really so bad that when you randomly tell your SO that you love them they become alarmed and suspicious? That's heartbreaking.
At what point and why do the things that were light, fun and beautiful to do when a couple was dating become a chore during marriage?