Forgive me for I have sinned. My last confession was...
There are like a ton of things I've never admitted to anyone and I'm in the mood to confess... On the one hand because it can be therapeutic, on the other hand because I like to trade my stories in exchange for yours. So! These are my confessions.
1. I wasn't happy for Osayi when she told me she was getting married. Not only wasn't I happy, I actually tried to kick against it and make her see reasons why she shouldn't get married. I tried to make her question her decision and choices in hope she would delay it, at least. (In truth; I wasn't jealous. I was just afraid to lose an ally. I knew the minute she got married things would change and I would be alone. Who would I begin to moan about being single and heartbroken with? Who would be my ally? Who would I talk to for hours on end about everything and nothing? So I really didn't want her to get married. BUT fast forward to 2 years later, we're still thick as thieves and not much has changed).
2. I once advised someone close to me to get preggers for her boo in order to "hook" him. Prior to this a number of people, including her spiritual leader had given her the same advise (her situation was "special"), she shunned them all. One fine afternoon I sat her down and drilled it into her head, told her why she had to do it and how she should go about it. One month later she got pregnant, five months later they got married. Today they've got two kids and are happily married. Hubby knows the part I played and guess what, he actually thanks me! *Pheew!*
3. I haven't checked my weight in over 2 years. Ignorance can be blissful. *Covers face*.
4. I once told an Ex that I was a victim of sexual abuse and molestation in order to get out of having sex with him. When we're together I'd squeeze my eyes shut and begin to act all feverish and frightened. Then one day he went and booked me some counseling sessions with a psychotherapist somewhere in Ikoyi. It was then I knew I just had to find a way to get out of that relationship for good. (Why was I dating someone I didn't even like in the first place though? Topic for another day...)
5. I've made soup only once this year, and besides this I cannot remember the last time I made soup. (I generally don't like swallow, I don't live with my parents and I'm not dating... So my culinary exploits are very limited, seeing as I can exist on cake and milk for weeks...)
And my last confession is that I really want to do a lot of reading this weekend so I may be MIA for the most part.
Let's hear it from you; your confessions! Is there something you've actually never admitted before? Spill Spill Spilllllllll!