Five friends have their gardens next to one another, where they grow three kinds of crops: fruits (apple, pear, nut, cherry), vegetables (carrot, parsley, gourd, onion) and flowers (aster, rose, tulip, lily).
1. They grow 12 different varieties.
2. Everybody grows exactly 4 different varieties
3. Each variety is at least in one garden.
4. Only one variety is in 4 gardens.
5. Only in one garden are all 3 kinds of crops.
6. Only in one garden are all 4 varieties of one kind of crops.
7. Pear is only in the two border gardens.
8. Paul's garden is in the middle with no lily.
9. Aster grower doesn't grow vegetables.
10. Rose growers don't grow parsley.
11. Nuts grower has also gourd and parsley.
12. In the first garden are apples and cherries.
13. Only in two gardens are cherries.
14. Sam has onions and cherries.
15. Luke grows exactly two kinds of fruit.
16. Tulip is only in two gardens.
17. Apple is in a single garden.
18. Only in one garden next to Zick's is parsley.
19. Sam's garden is not on the border.
20. Hank grows neither vegetables nor asters.
21. Paul has exactly three kinds of vegetable.
Who has which garden and what is grown where?
Where are the in-house geniuses?
Can I just say Thank You to some really amazing blog readers? Some times I feel tired but when I see some readers who are as passionate about this blog as I am I'm encouraged to go on. I'm particularly thankful to those to give without me asking and those who try to find ways to better the blog. Chrisyinks for instance gives some really great advice and suggestions that could improve the blog, those who have done Giveaways and I've never had to ask, those who mail ideas for topics and discussions... Just after this morning's post two people sent me messages. One said I would like to give 750 credit to the first five people to send in submissions and a prize for the person with the best submission. At the same time I got another message from a blog reader saying she'll like to do a 1500 airtime giveaway on the posts. And, the guy who sends me these brainteasers, Chris, you've done so severally and I never even asked. You guys have no idea how much these seemingly little deeds elevate my spirits and morale. I'm so grateful to you all for your thoughtfulness and generousity.
So there's some credit up for grabs guys!
Anonymous Rider please feel free to write whatever you want, as long as it's something we can all be a part of and either contribute to or learn from, or both. Or simply just appreciate.