Hey bloggers, want to be miserable? Easy! Just stick to these 16 tips below.
1. Constantly compare yourself to other bloggers.
2. Expect close friends and family to cheer you on, visit regularly or comment. (Your biggest support will come from total strangers).
3. Blog for money.
4. Try to please everyone.
5. Be obsessed with every single blog metric; page views, traffic, comments... The sort.
6. Mistake your blog for your personal journal (will most likely come back to bite you in the butt, ergo; misery).
7. Refrain from sharing personal experiences. (Sharing personal experiences creates a bond with your readers so if you don't like bonding, then don't share!)
8. Expect your readers to be loyal to you alone.
9. Choose a niche/topics you have no passion for.
10. Try to be someone you're not.
11. Think for one second that you "have arrived".
12. Expect to have vacations, breaks, days off, without consequences.
13. Worry about what everyone else thinks.
14. Be an island. Don't mix with other bloggers, comment on their blogs or share their links.
15. Expect only positive feedback, pats on the back and praises.
16. Constantly compare yourself to other bloggers. (this repition is not a mistake!)
Yes, people. If you want to be a miserable blogger stick to these are you're guaranteed blogger misery.
So, let me solicit your advise, something tells me that I might regret this, but you're the customer and I would like to deliver. So please tell me how I can serve you better.
One way to be a miserable blog reader; expect the blogger to meet your every demand.
Haha! Just in case you're not sure, that's a disclaimer. But I would like to hear it, and there's a possibility that I could effect some changes, within my capacity and inclination.
Have no tips for me? Right. Since you think I'm perfect go ahead and massage my ego, tell me what you love about my blog.
I'm just trying to get you to talk to me. Isn't it obvious?