1. Did You Wear Pop Socks? It was not possible to be a bubbler without owning pop socks. Like seriously, were you kidding with your cotton socks?! There was also a clear difference between the janded pop socks and pop socks from Balogun market so don’t think you were fooling anyone.
It was one thing to own pop socks but did you roll them all the way up or fold them down? If you folded them down, gerrarahere shawty and take a seat in the non-bubbling zone.
2. Was your School Bag a Satchel? Backpack gang, please tell me, were you going off to climb Kilimanjaro?! If you did not have a satchel that you slung across your body, tell me what you are looking for here?
Did You Have Fancy Folders and Refill Paper? Refill paper was the most useless thing in the world…but you needed to have it. There was no argument that notebooks were the sensible place to store your notes and you needed to have those but really, no fancy folder and refill paper? Your life was not complete.
4. Did Your School Shoes Have Heels? Now this one is important, very important. If you had mocks with heels, come in and take your rightful place. If you had mocks without heels, enter but don’t feel too comfortable. If you owned any shoe that has not been mentioned here, don’t bother knocking, respect yourself and leave this place. But wait o, if you had the audacity to wear wannabe mocks, kneel down, raise up your hands and close your eyes…shior!
5. Did you know KC Boys? If you did not know KC boys, really, what are you looking for here? I didn’t say A-Hall boys o, KC boys because they were allegedly the baddest boys in town. If you knew A-Hall AND KC boys you can stand up but A-Hall without KC? I beg have several seats. Your aje butter is too much.
6. Did You Attend Parties with Names? First of all did you attend parties? Not the types with bouncy castles and Uncle E o. If they didn’t do “all boys out” at you parties and there were no obtainers collecting shoes and shirts from awon boys, shift to the side. Then did you parties have names? Certified? Let’s Play House? House Party? No? It was fellowship you were going to, not party. The lord be with you as you leave this place.
bubbler worth their salt janded during the summer holidays. If you janded every other year, we will give you pardon, but any less frequently than that and you are a joker… gerrarahere mate! Did You Jand in the Summer Holidays? Wait first, did you have a passport? Because if you didn’t, I don’t care if you have pop socks or not, you had no business attempting to bubble. Any
8. Did You Date a Lag Club Boys? Knowing KC boys was one thing but dating a Lag Club boy? Give us a minute while we all rise and clap for you. With your A-line skirt and beret, you managed to conquer the most coveted boys in Yaba. I beg open your mouth and chop knuckle.
Written by Waila Caan
LMAO. If you're a Queen's College alumnus then you must relate to this post. A fellow QCOG shared it with me on facebook and I had such a good laugh while walking down memory lane that I just had to share. The writer, Waila, actually wrote this for QCOGs but because I know that most people that schooled in Lagos (whether QCOG or otherwise) might also relate, I changed "QC" to "secondary school". So hey, did you take the test? What did you score?
Don't be shy, let's know if you were a bubbler or not.
Ps; I didn't need to take the test to know I wasn't a bubbler. LOLz