1. After all those years of denying that there's a difference between the light skin and dark skin, you catch yourself staring at the girl twenty feet away again. Not becasue you know her, not because she's particularly beautiful, not because she's special. Because she's light-skinned. So although she's twenty feet away your eyes boycott everyone else in your line of view and repeatedly stray back to her.
2. But is it possible for a man in Nigeria not to cheat? Dang there are women in this country. We've freaking got beautiful women! I'm female yet I just got lost staring. Just when one catches my attention and I'm wondering what it must feel like to live in that flawless skin, graced with such a pretty face and blessed with that bone structure, another one even more beautiful catches my eyes. I alternate between women-watching and watching men watch the women. They too seem overwhelmed, just when he thought damn she's hot!, someone hotter walks in.
3. So Faze just walked in, well tailored native outfit, a cap on his head and dark shades. Dark shades inside the departure lounge. Why? Does he worry that he'll be ambushed by fans, rushed by the ladies, attacked by the paparazzi? Or perhaps he doesn't want to be seen and have them think; that has-been. Hell that's what I thought when I saw him; if only I could ask him what's it like; the life of a 'has been'? What are your regrets, fondest memories, deepest wishes and truest feelings about the success of Tuface...
4. The lady who just sat across from me, what's with her? An artificial yellow pawpaw with professional bridal makeup (people get time sha), designer bag, gold jewelry, painfully high heels... Just before I stuffed my ear piece into my ears I thought, I should try to get someone going to my destination, just in case I get carried away by these amazing pieces of 90s music I downloaded last night and miss my flight's announcement, to alert me when our flight is announced. So I says to her "Hey, hi... Please are you going to ABC?". She recoils like I just asked her to suck mucus from my nose and shrugs no. A minute later she gets up and relocates to a seat at the opposite end of the lounge. Curious thing.
5. Is today "And co" day? I'm sure I've seen at least three couples (not married), matching the colours and fabrics of their outfits. This one that just walked pass, both denim on denim. Pretty couple I must say. I'm not quite sure though, wearing matching outfits with the boo; cute or 'don't do it!"?
6. I did it. I did it. I talked to a celeb!!! In business class Faze is seated on the right (are you surprised?) and Chigul is on the left. I was going to gush to her about her TEDx Talk, but I noticed the faint lali on her hands and remembered the vibrantly colorful pictures on Instagram the day she had it done. So I'm like "Aww, it's going off already, I saw it when it was brand new", and without missing a beat she looks at her hand and replies with mock sorrow, "Yeah, it's fading, and fading very fast. So so annoying!", I laugh; "I know, right" and walk on to my seat. She's good people!
Oh Daddy Freeze was on board too. Very cute but smaller than I'd expected. Him, I wanted to ask; so is this one of your $90,000 watches, because it don't look 'that' expensive... But hey, what do I know about watches?
7. I find it very hard to believe that the departure lounge is packed and bursting at its seams with people, yet I don't know one person here. Not a familiar face, not an acquaintance, not an old friend. So many people in the world, way too many, 6,000,000,000 and counting. Thousands of people here too, thousands of people everywhere. So how is it that I have not one to call my own?
Feels good to be away from Gidi, I really need this! How goes it, guys?
To summarize my thoughts
1. Light skin is more attractive
2. It'll take God's grace and severe discipline (for a man) not to cheat
3. It must suck to have had fame and success.
4. Weird things and people abound.
5. Not sure how I feel about dating couples matching outfits
6. I like Chigurl
7. Too many people yet no one..