I need your advice on an issue n I know I'll get valuable advise from fellow blog readers too.
I started dating a friend of mine early this year, we just decided to go head in first, cos I felt to an extent I knew him. To cut a long story short he told me immediately we started dating that he had a business relationship with his Ex and that they were still good friends, their break up was amicable and that when the business eventually kicks off and things pick up they'll ve minimal contact, so I shld'nt worry basically. I then felt it will be nice to meet her cos I thought since she'll be in our lives I might as well be friendly and get to know her.
I suggested means and hows for us to meet, my BF had his own suggestions too, but it was not to be as she's outrightly refused to let it happen.
She'll call him when we'r hanging out and I was uncomfortable with it and mentioned to him, he told her and I've not had to deal with such in a while.
I told him I'm not comfortable with their relationship seeing as she's refused to want to get along but he's told me that he can't force her and he's invested so much money into the business (that hasn't fully kicked off), so what will I have him do?
Now there's another business contract he wants to pursue with this same Ex cos her father is a director in a government agency and has access to a lot of government contracts.
He wants to register a company and she's insisting she has to be part of the company if she has to help him get a contract.
He doesn't want that and is trying to get her to settle for the commission that she gets from the contract normally, but she's adamant on being a part of the company.
I don't understand what I'm in now cos I've mentioned my concerns to him and he continues to reassure me that it's just business between them. However last weekend I couldn't reach him on phone and he later told me that they went hiking with some of her friends. He says he's doing these things just to sweeten her up.
He's agreed on not making her a shareholder but I'm certain he's still yet to tell her of this decision.
Right now I feel my best option is to back out of the relationship because I'm not comfortable at all, we're all in our thirties and I personally wouldn't want to waste my time in the wrong relationship. Am I being irrational or should I just take things in good faith? Please I need your advise.