Hey lovelies. No, this past week wasn't unusually eventful, except for the fact that he who makes my heart race & my feet tingle & my life sweeter, was in town (Oh, the joy!...) everything else was pretty normal. Yet as I sit in bed and ponder on the week ahead, I'm reminded of the week before and a few things happened that you might find interesting.
1. Screaming with my back on the ground, in the middle of the road, at 6am, at what has been the scariest moment in my entire life. Guys, I've been on extremely turbulent planes, I've been on a flight that practically turned over nearly pouring us out of our seats as we looked death in the face, I've heard the voices and seen the shadows of armed robbers in my home, I've slept under the stairs overnight in a remote building with a hundred giant rats (shared this on the blog), yet nothing comes close to Wednesday morning when I went for a 6am jog.
I found myself surrounded by 3 growling dogs who were threatening to tear me to pieces. You really never know how strong you are until that's the only option you have. I kicked at them and tried to scare them away, but when they didn't back off and I found myself with my back on the floor, kicking at them, screaming for help, grabbing sand from the ground and throwing into their eyes, I knew I was in for it. They were a bit taken aback by the fight I put up so they kept hesitantly retreating and then lunging again towards me. At that moment when three of them finally charged at me, amidst screams I covered my face with my arms, I had already resigned my body to being dog food. Somewhere at the back of my mind I thought so no more short dresses again? Then miraculously what seemed like a lifetime away, I heard someone else scream and I opened my eyes to see a man brandishing a stick at them till they were chased away. Whew! That was close. Let's thank God that they were wild local dogs and not Caucasians, I'd be dead by now! Oh, I've still got bruises on my back and my butt from when I fell on the ground and was dragging my body away from them. It was only when I got home that I noticed I even cracked my phone screen.
2. Fashion designing is certainly not my calling. My friend and blog reader, Chocolate has recently opened a fashion outfit (Julian's Place) and some days ago I visited her showroom. She and her workers were designing a dress for someone and they needed ideas. I gave them what I thought was a brilliant idea and they allowed me to use some pins and fabric to show them what I meant. In my head it was awesome but when I actually practicalized it, that design was looking like something a 3 year old did. I finished and stepped back to reveal my "work of art" only to see four disappointed and confused pairs of eyes looking at the dress and back at me... I was soooo embarassed.
3. I got propositioned by a man in the presence of his wife. He casually asked me to follow them home and shag him. I was aware that they're a very "cool" couple, they've got five kids but are still smoking hot and she looks more like his side chic than his wife. No offense to wives in general but she looks/dresses/acts like a girlfriend (I can't explain that further). But I didn't know they were that cool... When he asked, my eyes immediately strayed to her and when I saw her smile encouragingly, my palms began to sweat. I smiled sheepishly and nope'd my way out of there.
4. Someone called me and said "Is this Nwando? Thelma?". "Yes" I said. "Ok, I got your number from the Internet, I am calling you for a relationship". He said. "Huh? *click*". I hung up. LOL. I do get quite a lot of weird phone calls, my number is on the blog after all...
5. Oh, this is for you to tell me the 'memorables' about your past week. I can't possibly be the only one who had weird experiences...