I went for a walk this morning, I walked for about an hour and when I got closer home I saw an old man with several teeth missing smiling widely at me. "You travelled" he said. It wasn't a question. I took out the earpiece from my ear to make sure I heard him properly. I'd never seen him before. "You travelled" he repeated. I smiled hesitantly, I didn't know who he was and I didn't want to be rude. "Yes" I said and he last confidently. "I know you travelled. We have not been seeing you. We see you every morning, sports woman" he said and we both laughed. "Now that you are back I hope we will continue seeing you in the morning" he said and I assured him that he would.
LOL @ sports woman.
A pair of trainers and Nike tracks doesn't a "sports woman" make.
I wish... 😂
All I do is walk for an hour and listen to audio books. Ok I jog occasionally but my doctor asked me not to for now...
It's interesting how we never know who's watching us, and a little bit creepy. LOL.
Anyways, on getting home I tried to decide my next courses of action and it was then that I was hit by this feeling that I don't like. That feeling of incapacity...
My life would be just a little perfect if I didn't have to deal with certain things. These are things I wish I could wish away. In fairness to myself I actually don't just accept them as my reality, and everyday I WORK on it changing, but so far I'm yet to record any meaningful lasting success in recent times.
1. Writer's block. When last did you read any fiction from me? I seem to be suffering from a serious case of writer's block and it's been going on for months. When I started blogging and before then, I could sit down and write 5 short stories in an hour. I wrote opinion pieces like I was chewing gum. In the past month I've been struggling with something that was naturally gifted to me; writing. It's one of the most frustrating things to have to deal with, especially when you know that you have ideas and stories inside of you. These things are so real in your head that you can literally taste them on your tongue. Yet the minute you put pen to paper it's as though the ink and your creative juices simultaneously dry up suddenly. I need to WRITE again!
2. Sweet sweet tooth! Yes so I exercise almost everyday and sometimes I'm able to diet and lose tons of weight. In recent months however, my sweet tooth seems to have gotten even sweeter and I'm finding it harder and harder to stay off the sweet stuff. I know I'm harming my body but it's like a drug, when I'm consuming these things it's like dopamine is released in my brain and I practically lose all reasoning 😭. I instantly forget that it's bad and a hindrance to my weight and healthy living. The moment I'm done eating I'm suddenly filled with guilt and remorse... Until I see the next glazed donut 😣
3. I know where I want my career to go, I know. But...
4. I need new people in my life, I'm tired of the old ones... Or the old ones are tired of me.
5. Migraines. The way I pop Advil these days... I just dunno mehn! I'm tired of dealing with these migraines. When it starts my head feels like a China plate that was dropped and cracked, and each crack bleeds. 😣
So these 5 are my less than perfect situations. Let's talk about what's going on in your life. Share with us those things that you wish were different, those things that could be a lot better. Those things you don't want to carry over to the next year perhaps...