So I still don't believe I did this but hey I did. By this I mean my chinchin recipe. So I grew up around caterers and I was deliberately not interested in learning what they do, I kinda thought/think catering comes with fatty bombom, lols and I am team #IShallNotBeFat.
I haven't made chinchin in like a decade but when I decided to make it today, am like, why not tweak the recipe? I ran it by some friends and I got varied reactions one of which was, which kain combo be that?(side-eye at maybel). So here goes,you will need:
3cups of white flour
2/3 cup of sugar
2tablespoon of butter & 3tablespoon of peanut butter
2tablespoon of bailey's & 2tablespoon milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
Groundnut oil for frying.
1. Cream the sugar with the butter and peanut butter
2. Add the eggs and cream together
3. Add the bailey's and milk,keep creaming
4. Add the salt and flour combination and knead together.
5. Cut into chunks and roll on a floured board or tray
6. Cut into rectangular shapes or whatever shape you want.
7. Heat up the oil and fry a few at a time until golden brown. Drain well ,let it cool and store in an airtight container
- The peanut butter butter can be replaced with Nutella or whatever catches your fancy
- The sugar can be reduced to 1/3 cup if you don't like much of sugar as this was a bit sugary, the sugar content of the bailey's and peanut butter did add to it.
- Baileys can definitely be removed if you don't do alcohol
And now I'm suddenly craving chinchin 😩